Inyo County VA Benefits (California)

The Veterans Affairs Department in Inyo County, California is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including veterans of the Armed Forces and the Reserves. The Inyo County VA offers a range of benefits, such as housing assistance, medical benefits, and disability compensation. Veterans may also qualify for education and vocational benefits, such as the G.I. Bill, pension services, and benefits for the spouses and family members of veterans. The Veterans Affairs Department medical benefits include VA-run medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home care. Local Vet Centers provide veterans benefits such as employment assistance, counseling services, and assistance applying for other Inyo County VA benefits. The Inyo County VA also offers assistance with qualifying for benefits and receiving VA benefits. The Veterans Affairs Department provides additional information about VA benefits and Vet Centers on its website.

Inyo County Veterans Services Office Bishop CA 207 West South Street 93514 760-873-7850

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8036 Lone Pine CA 481 South Main Street 93545 760-876-4423

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8988 Bishop CA 484 Short Street 93514 760-873-5770

A Department of Aging in Inyo County, California operates at the state or local level to provide services that promote the health, safety, and independence of elderly people. These services can include meal delivery programs, in-home care, family caregiver support, and transportation assistance. Inyo County Departments of Aging also offer benefits assistance for aging veterans. They can connect veterans to Inyo County VA benefits, including disability compensation and pension support. Veterans qualify for the Aid and Attendance program, which provides a monthly pension for veterans who require medical assistance. Veterans can also receive pensions for permanent disabilities and receive healthcare services such as long term care, Inyo County VA medical center care, or other geriatric healthcare. Inyo County Departments of Aging can help veterans apply for and receive benefits, and they provide more information about accessing veteran benefits on their website.

California State Department of Aging Trona CA 13207 Market St 93562 760-372-5598