Forsyth County VA Benefits (North Carolina)

The Veterans Affairs Department in Forsyth County, North Carolina is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including veterans of the Armed Forces and the Reserves. The Forsyth County VA offers a range of benefits, such as housing assistance, medical benefits, and disability compensation. Veterans may also qualify for education and vocational benefits, such as the G.I. Bill, pension services, and benefits for the spouses and family members of veterans. The Veterans Affairs Department medical benefits include VA-run medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home care. Local Vet Centers provide veterans benefits such as employment assistance, counseling services, and assistance applying for other Forsyth County VA benefits. The Forsyth County VA also offers assistance with qualifying for benefits and receiving VA benefits. The Veterans Affairs Department provides additional information about VA benefits and Vet Centers on its website.

Department of Veterans Affairs Winston-Salem NC 2101 Peters Creek Parkway 27127 336-761-5300

Disabled American Veterans National Service Office Winston-Salem NC 251 North Main Street 27101 336-631-5481

Screwed Over Veterans Walkertown NC 4590 Camp Betty Hastings Road 27051 336-701-5239

US Veterans Affairs Department-Veteran Affair Outpatient Clinic Winston-Salem NC 190 Kimel Park Drive 27103 336-768-3296

Veteran Community Outreach Winston-Salem NC 1001 Marshall Street Southwest 27101 336-725-3410

Veterans of Foreign Wars Kernersville NC 618 Edgewood Street 27284 336-996-3611

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1134 Winston-Salem NC 4129 South Main Street 27127 336-784-6503

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9010 Clemmons NC 4615 Hampton Road 27012 336-766-9093

A Department of Aging in Forsyth County, North Carolina operates at the state or local level to provide services that promote the health, safety, and independence of elderly people. These services can include meal delivery programs, in-home care, family caregiver support, and transportation assistance. Forsyth County Departments of Aging also offer benefits assistance for aging veterans. They can connect veterans to Forsyth County VA benefits, including disability compensation and pension support. Veterans qualify for the Aid and Attendance program, which provides a monthly pension for veterans who require medical assistance. Veterans can also receive pensions for permanent disabilities and receive healthcare services such as long term care, Forsyth County VA medical center care, or other geriatric healthcare. Forsyth County Departments of Aging can help veterans apply for and receive benefits, and they provide more information about accessing veteran benefits on their website.

Winston Salem Department of Aging Winston-Salem NC 400 West 4th Street 27101 336-761-2111