Thurston County VA Benefits (Washington)

The Veterans Affairs Department in Thurston County, Washington is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including veterans of the Armed Forces and the Reserves. The Thurston County VA offers a range of benefits, such as housing assistance, medical benefits, and disability compensation. Veterans may also qualify for education and vocational benefits, such as the G.I. Bill, pension services, and benefits for the spouses and family members of veterans. The Veterans Affairs Department medical benefits include VA-run medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home care. Local Vet Centers provide veterans benefits such as employment assistance, counseling services, and assistance applying for other Thurston County VA benefits. The Thurston County VA also offers assistance with qualifying for benefits and receiving VA benefits. The Veterans Affairs Department provides additional information about VA benefits and Vet Centers on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Olympia WA 920 Poplar Street Southeast 98501 360-459-7400

Veterans Assistance Fund Olympia WA 2404 Heritage Court Southwest 98502 360-786-5578

Veterans of Foreign Wars Olympia WA 2902 Martin Way East 98506 360-357-9255

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5878 Tenino WA 285 Sussex Avenue West 98589 360-264-5420

Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs Olympia WA 1102 Quince Street Southeast 98501 360-725-2200

A Department of Aging in Thurston County, Washington operates at the state or local level to provide services that promote the health, safety, and independence of elderly people. These services can include meal delivery programs, in-home care, family caregiver support, and transportation assistance. Thurston County Departments of Aging also offer benefits assistance for aging veterans. They can connect veterans to Thurston County VA benefits, including disability compensation and pension support. Veterans qualify for the Aid and Attendance program, which provides a monthly pension for veterans who require medical assistance. Veterans can also receive pensions for permanent disabilities and receive healthcare services such as long term care, Thurston County VA medical center care, or other geriatric healthcare. Thurston County Departments of Aging can help veterans apply for and receive benefits, and they provide more information about accessing veteran benefits on their website.

Washington State Department of Aging Olympia WA 711 Capitol Way South, Ste 206 98501 360-725-2420