Yakima County VA Benefits (Washington)

The Veterans Affairs Department in Yakima County, Washington is a federal agency that provides services to veterans, including veterans of the Armed Forces and the Reserves. The Yakima County VA offers a range of benefits, such as housing assistance, medical benefits, and disability compensation. Veterans may also qualify for education and vocational benefits, such as the G.I. Bill, pension services, and benefits for the spouses and family members of veterans. The Veterans Affairs Department medical benefits include VA-run medical centers, outpatient clinics, and nursing home care. Local Vet Centers provide veterans benefits such as employment assistance, counseling services, and assistance applying for other Yakima County VA benefits. The Yakima County VA also offers assistance with qualifying for benefits and receiving VA benefits. The Veterans Affairs Department provides additional information about VA benefits and Vet Centers on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Yakima WA 911 North 15th Avenue 98902 509-575-4748

US Department of Veterans Affairs-Yakima Vet Center Yakima WA 2119 West Lincoln Avenue 98902 509-457-2736

Veterans of Foreign Wars Sunnyside WA 615 North Avenue 98944 509-837-3482

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post Yakima WA 118 South 5th Avenue 98902 509-654-7191

A Department of Aging in Yakima County, Washington operates at the state or local level to provide services that promote the health, safety, and independence of elderly people. These services can include meal delivery programs, in-home care, family caregiver support, and transportation assistance. Yakima County Departments of Aging also offer benefits assistance for aging veterans. They can connect veterans to Yakima County VA benefits, including disability compensation and pension support. Veterans qualify for the Aid and Attendance program, which provides a monthly pension for veterans who require medical assistance. Veterans can also receive pensions for permanent disabilities and receive healthcare services such as long term care, Yakima County VA medical center care, or other geriatric healthcare. Yakima County Departments of Aging can help veterans apply for and receive benefits, and they provide more information about accessing veteran benefits on their website.

Toppenish Department of Aging Toppenish WA 401 Fort Road 98948 509-865-5121